Torquay is the official start of the Great Ocean Road, the home of Bells Beach and birthplace of iconic brands Rip Curl and Quicksilver. Originally built on the back of its strong surfing traditions, Torquay has developed into one of Victoria’s most popular holiday destinations. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing family escape or a romantic getaway, Torquay will deliver.
There’s no doubt the main attraction of Torquay is its diverse beaches. From the family friendly, tree lined front beach, to the mighty Bells Beach, home of the Rip Curl Pro surfing title, Torquay’s beaches offer something for everyone.
But don’t let its lazy beach culture fool you. Torquay also boasts a range of other attractions that are sure to keep you entertained, including:
- Surf City Plaza, home to the Surfworld museum and major surfing brands Rip Curl, Quiksilver, Strapper, Gash and Rojo
- More than 20 quality restaurants, many overlooking Torquay’s beautiful esplanade and beaches
- The Great Ocean Road, including the Great Otway National Park and Twelve Apostles
- As many golf courses as there are apostles
- 60+ wineries dotted about Geelong’s wine regions
- Day Spas such as Endota, Saltair and Jurlique